Friday, May 28, 2010

31 Weeks and Girly Things

So I thought I would try my hand at adding pictures to this blog of mine. Lets see how this turns out! I am now 31 weeks and 2 days preggers and people (Vinnie) have been harrassing me to post some pictures of my growth. Keep in mind these are self portraits; Mitch was at work so I had to be resourceful!
There actually aren't many ledges that are at the right height to take self portraits. I set the camera on the edge of the crib. I think it turned out ok; not the best back drop but acceptable.
This is just a little snipit of our little one's room. As we are still just renting I wasn't able to paint or even do a whole lot to decorate. It made me kind of sad. So on the long weekend I went shopping with a friend of mine. We went to this store called E-Children, and it looked totally budget from the outside. Like worse than any thrift store you can imagine. Well since I have such an open mind (haha ya right, Dana just forced me in!) in we went! I LOVE THAT STORE!!! Too bad you have to be rich to shop there and clearly we arent, hence the renting business. I spent my time in the store ohhing and ahhing over the adorable things I wish I could buy. When all of a sudden Dana pointed out these incredible wall decals. They just stick on like stickers and you can peel them off and use them again. PERFECTO! Problem solved. So I picked out the one I liked best and that matched best to the quilt that another friend had made for me already. You can see the quilt in the picture too (the pinky rag quilt, the white one underneath is a different blanket). Vinnie made the rag quilt for me and I love it. I put the decals up today and was very happy with the outcome. Just need to get a different mobile for the crib. I stongly dislike Winnie the Pooh stuff, but it was free and I appreciate everything that I have been given so there is stays. Plus Mitch has a connection with Pooh stuff from his childhood. And I suppose he gets some say.

This is a picture of her stuffed closet. Please keep in mind all this stuff is just 0-3 month stuff! I love my sisters and friends. They have given me so many things. I am very grateful for everyones' generosity, it really has been overwhelming. I still have a few things to add to this wardrobe as well, I just need to go and get more baby hangers. But what is there is washed, labled, and and ready for wear. Sometimes I just go into her room and open the closet and look at her things. I love little girl clothes and I cant wait to play dress-up! I can already tell Mitch going to get annoyed by it! But I figure, I do the laundry, I make the choice. Right??

This is the last gem. So whilst at BYU some of my sisters took a basket weaving class. For credits. For real. What you see before you is one of the many creations of Mammy (a.k.a. Mandy Stewart, 2nd oldest sister). I call it Moses' reed basket. It actually is my bassinett, and has a little mattress inside. I love it and I feel like it will serve me well.
Ok all in all, I feel like we are almost ready for this little one's debut. I have almost everything except some of the little things. We have been really blessed with kindness and generosity and we really appreciate all that we have been given. I feel kind of bad; I feel like other people have spent more on our child than we have! Keep it up! Just kidding. But truly, thanks so much!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, i strongly dislike winnie the pooh too, but at least it isnt the classic winnie the pooh, that is the one I dont like at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love all your little girly things! So fun :) What are some of the other things you need? (I began to hate this question, because I really didn't know what to say...but still. Any suggestions for what I can get you?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things we are missing are all the random miscellaneous things, like the little washcloths, bath soap, the little hygiene kit, etc. What I do have are the big items like furniture, and clothes. The only exception on the clothes is I do need things for older months like 6-12 months. My sisters have some stuff they are going to let me use, but at that age things start to get warn because the little munchkins start moving. Does that help? Bascially though, anything people give me I welcome and love! I also don't have any toys or books.

    ReplyDelete