Thursday, March 10, 2011

Home Sweet Rental

So I finally got Mitch to put some pictures on our computer so that I could sort of catch up. So this blog may be boring, but it is a picture tour of our place in Victoria. I tend to be long winded and over descriptive, so deal with it. Let's begin! So this is the view from my front door step. I just love that the houses around here are built into the rocks and so everything is twisty-turny. If you notice houses aren't really built on a city block format per se. It can really make finding someone's house difficult, but it also adds to the character and view of neighborhoods I think.
This is looking down the street (zoomed in a bit). I just adore that you can see the ocean from my house. In a round about sort of way at least. This part is called the Gorge Waterway, it's just an inlet.
So here is our little house from across the street. We are renting the main floor of the house and the homeowner lives on the second level. Funny side note, most people here don't have basements, so they call the main floor the 'basement suite'. So weird. There was a few confusing conversations when I first moved here over that little tidbit.
This is looking into our living room from the front door. The rock wall is for a wood burning stove. You can just see the top of it over the love seat. Just to the left of the fireplace is the doorway to the kitchen, and just to the left of the jolly jumper is the doorway to the hallway/kitchen. It's all open, just that wall that the TV is on is like a divider wall. Make sense? P.S. I just love that Soph was watching me take all these pictures and her expression here is like, "What are you doing?" Love her!
So this is the view of the kitchen from that doorway by the fireplace. Just to the left (right by the highchair that you kind of see) are some really big windows. It's a little wooded area, and a woodpecker used to reside there until it killed itself by flying into my window. I cried. So it's nice and big, lots of cupboard space which is nice. To the left of the fridge is the hallway and the door way back into the living room. We currently don't have a table to eat at. We had to leave ours behind in Alberta. It wouldn't fit in the u-haul and we threw out the chairs. It was a set my dad had built when my parents first got married (like a century ago) so it was time to say goodbye to them. For anyone who had sat on them you know it was like taking your life in you hands when you sat down. Mitch currently has aspirations of building us a dinning table and then just buying chairs to match. We'll see how that turns out.
Ok so this is the hallway. The doors from right to left are: the shared laundry room (we can lock the door, which I do); the bathroom; front coat closet (retarded place for it); Sophia's room; master bedroom; under the stairs storage; then the doorway into the living room. Following me?
Once again, obvious. I will say though that it has a ton of cupboards as well and the closet in here is huge. It does double duty as a storage area.
Sophster's room. Nothing to explain here.
And VOILA!!!! The crowning jewel of the house is that wonderful wall mural. Seriously who thinks it is a good idea to put that in their house? Either way the room is huge, the closet is big enough to hold all of our clothes (which if you know us is A LOT!)
All in all we like it. There are definitely things that we would change if it was ours, but that's the key isn't it? It isn't ours, so why worry about the hideous things? Someday we will have our own home that I can decorate and paint the colors I want and etc. In the interim this will do. Come visit us anytime! We'll make room for visitors.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet looks like there is lots of room, I personally love the mural, I may use the idea when I build my dream home. The linoleum in the kitchen is the exact same I had growing up in our kitchen, made me laugh! Man hurry up and come back and visit! I need to see soph, and you I guess, but not mitch because I am not his friend! Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously - your place has so much room! And the best wall mural ever! You know you wish you'd painted it..

    ReplyDelete