Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Catch Up

Ok so this is going to be long, full of pictures, and potentially boring. But you'll all read it anyways because you're nosey just like me! Quick side-note here about Mother's Day. It was a good day, as I'm sure it was for most of you. Mitch let me sleep in that morning and then took care of Sophie most of the day so that I didn't have to. He also made dinner that evening too. For me the best part, other than sleeping in of course, was the present. He just knows me so well and got me some new louloulemon pants. Capris actually. I pretty much wear them everyday, because they make my butt look fantastic. Oh and they are comfy. Also a little note about Victoria Day/May Long Weekend. I thought it would be a super fantastic celebration here, but alas t'was not. Mildly disappointed with the Victorian's here and their lack of celebrations for 'Victoria Day'. Come on peeps, step it up! Here is what we did do. Mitch's Dad, Fred, was super excited about taking Sophie to the parade. Little explanation about the parade here. It's like a 3 hour parade consisting mostly of high school marching bands from the U.S. West Coast. Apparently they come every year and it's like a big competition thing, yada yada yada. Basically the all the geeks from the pacific northwest congregate here. Well I knew Soph would enjoy all the music so I agreed to go for a bit. It turned out not so bad. Sophie did enjoy her time there and Grandpa Fred enjoyed holding her! After the parade and a quick nap we had planned a bbq picnic at one of the parks downtown with a bunch of our friends. Everyone was responsible for their own food and it turned out great. I forgot to upload pictures of that but you can refer to facebook for those. It was a beautiful day here, which have been few and far between so far this year, and we just enjoyed the afternoon eating and just chatting in the sunshine. Ok now for the onslought of photos...

Sophia likes to pull everything out of her diaper basket and then suck on it all. Most days I stop her before she gets the basket out, but this particular day I just didn't really care. In fact this basket entertained her for like a solid 30 minutes. Mehhh
Snack time, she loves to eat. Obviously, look at those cheeks!

This is one of my personal favorites! We got a baby carrier for Mitch's bike but we needed helmets and so we made a quick stop at Wally's World. Sophie really LOVES having a helmet on, and Mitch is thoroughly enjoying himself.


I couldn't take it seriously.


My biker husband! BAHAHAHAHAA


Our ward puts on a carnival every year in the spring and they have this big mural/picture wall thingy that you can put your face through and take pitures. (Do these have a special name?) Anywho, it was a Noah's ark type picture and so I put Soph up to a couple of the holes. I didn't even realize that she had put in her soother but I think it turned out pretty funny!


Clearly fitting and appropriate.


One morning I was cleaning the house, like my usual OCD compells me to do, and I suddenly noticed it was quiet. Sophie likes to sing, and babble to herself when she is playing so I knew something was wrong when it was all of a sudden quiet. So I go looking for her and surprise! She had crawled underneath her exersaucer to eat all the left-over cheerio's that fall down there as she plays and eats. Of course by the time I pulled out my camera she had finished eating and was on her way out, so this was the best shot I could get. What a character!


This is a new friend at church. They are just a few months apart and they actally play really well together. I just thought it was cute that they matched this day and are looking at each other. P.S. I realize it is irreverent/inapprope to take a picture in the chapel, however we were in sunday school and people's heads are down because they are reading, not praying! Don't judge me.


This is my fave. I love when I come in the room and see this. But why doesn't she cuddle with me like this and drink her bottle? She won't even hold her bottle when I feed her. Lazy bones. Well this is the end of this huge catch up blog. I do blog-stalk all of you, I just don't ever update my own! I am going to try to do more blogging this summer though. Sophie is getting more fun and doing more things so we'll see what comes of it!

4 comments:

  1. Finally! Good to see pics of the Sophster - keep up the blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big.

    I love the moneky picture. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm first off...I say it is a good thing you are looking at helmets and being safe, totally suits you! haha hideous, second...you are the only chick I know that would admit your butt looks good in pants....that's my Sarah! Third I miss you guys, time to come home and see me, so I can give soph some cuddles, Bennett is good at giving kisses too.... LOves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah- can I just say that I totally imagined you saying "MEHHHH" when you wrote that-hahahaha. So.....when we come to Victoria we will stop in and see you....hopefully that is soon. Anyways, miss you!

    ReplyDelete