Sunday, June 5, 2011

For The Love...

One of the things that I hated when I was growing up was my hair color. I hated that it was red, I hated that I got teased for it, and I hated that no one else in my family had red hair either. All I ever wanted to do was dye my hair a dark brown just like my oldest sisters'. I was super jealous of her hair color. Well as I grew up I realized what I was stuck with. I could change it a bit, but the red was there to stay. Barf. When Mitch and I started dating he would always comment on how much he liked my red hair. I just thought he was being nice, or just saying it because he felt he had to. Well, after nearly 4 years of marriage I have finally learned that Mitch doesn't 'just say things'. Bless his heart, but that man is truthful almost to a fault. So Mitch hasn't just been telling me he likes the color I have but he has also been requesting that I amplify it and actually go MORE red. When he would say these incredulous things to me I would either brush him off, laugh at him, get mad at him, and mostly just ignore him and pretend he wasn't talking. So when I moved to Vic, I obviously had to find a new hairdresser. Long story short, whilst I was getting my hairs trimmed, Colin (my straight hairdresser) asked if I ever dye my hair. I told him that I used to but due to extreme laziness I just haven't in a couple of years. To my surprise guess what that man said to me. "You should dye your hair more red, like a brighter red." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! After picking my jaw up off the floor I laughed and told him that my husband has been asking me to do the same thing for quite some time. So after much stewing, I finally made a secret appointment and did it. Mitch had no idea. He thought I was going grocery shopping. haha I felt so deceptive and sneaky. Any who, I came home and he didn't even notice for like 2 minutes then all of a sudden he stops mid-sentence and just grinned at me. Of course he gushed over me and told me he really liked it and was happy that I finally listened to him and let him be right about something. Some days I'm still not too sure about it and others I really like it. Maybe it's just a big change and I need to get used to it. So without further ado, here are some horrific pictures of me. Once again on my phone so excuse the not great quality. It is such a bad angle of my face, but I actually did my hair so I thought I should take pictures and Mitch wasn't around so they are self portraits.


This one is just of the monkey and her side piggy. She lets me do her hair on occasion and I couldn't resist taking a picture of her!


2 comments:

  1. So fun! I love it. Change is always a good thing. I just went super blonde again and am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, finally you have sassy RED RED hair to go along with that personality of yours. It looks cute, sure wish I could see it in person. Stop ignoring my skype calls already. Gee whiz this girl.

    ReplyDelete